The Council of Minister’s Resolution No. (27) Of 2018 on
Amending the organization of the some Administrative Units Composing the Ministry of Culture and Sports and assigning its competencies 27/2018
Council of Ministers,
Having examined the Constitution and the Emiri Decree No. 29 of 1996 concerning the Council of Ministers’ resolutions submitted to the Emir for ratification and promulgation, and the Emiri Decree No. 7 of 2016, On the organizational structure of the Ministry of Culture and Sports, and on the proposal of the Minister of Culture and Sports,
Decided the following:
The organization of some of the administrative units composing the Ministry of Culture and Sports provided for in Article (1) of the Emiri Decree No. (7) Of 2016 referred to, and the organizational chart attached thereto, shall be amended as follows:
First: The administrative units of the Minister
- The Minister’s Office
- Internal Audit Department
- Planning and Quality Department
- Legal Affairs Department
- Public Relations and Communication Department
- Radio Broadcasting Department
Second: The administrative units of the Undersecretary
- Undersecretary Office
- Human Resources Department
- Financial and Administrative Affairs Department
- Information System Department
- Libraries Department
- Publications and translation Department
Third: The administrative units of the Assistant Undersecretary for Culture Affairs
- Assistant Undersecretary Office
- Culture and Arts Department
- Heritage and Identity Department
- Publications and Artistic Works Department
Fourth: The administrative units of the Assistant Undersecretary for Youth and Sports Affairs
- Assistant Undersecretary Office
- Youth Affairs Department
- Sports Affair Department
- Assets and Projects Department
The terms of reference of the administrative units organizationally adjusted shall be set forth in the following Articles.
The Department of Libraries shall have the following competences:
- Depositing workbooks in the “Dār al-Kutub al-Qaṭarīyah” in accordance with the law.
- Prepare plans, policies and programs for the “Dār al-Kutub al-Qaṭarīyah”
- Develop plans and programs to encourage reading
- Setting the conditions and criteria for establishing libraries
- Licensing, supervising and controlling non-commercial libraries shall be in accordance with adopted plans, programs and policies
- Participating in local and international exhibitions, conferences and seminars in the field of books and libraries
- Providing various sources of information necessary to submit information services, and bibliography, to the bodies and to the intellectual audience, scholars and researchers.
- Establishing, supervising and developing public libraries.
The Publications and Translation shall have the following competences:
- Issuing books to authors in the Ministry’s fields of work
- Translate outstanding works from other languages into Arabic, and translate selected creative works from Arabic to other languages.
- Issuing books and bulletins containing information about the State in various aspects, and provide them to the embassies and diplomatic missions in coordination with the concerned authorities of the State
- Issuing Doha Magazine and specialized magazines and periodicals in the Ministry’s fields of work.
The Heritage and Identity Department shall have the following competences:
- Preparing policies, studies and plans related to heritage
- General supervision of entities working in the field of heritage
- Setting the conditions and criteria for establishing traditional teams and heritage centers, issuing the necessary licenses and following up their works
- Granting licenses for heritage activities
- Organizing heritage activities inside the country and abroad, and receiving heritage activities from other countries, in coordination with the concerned authorities
- Supporting and sponsoring heritage activities and crafts
- Collecting, recording and documenting folklore materials, researching, studying and publishing them for publicity, making them available to researchers and interested parties, and issuing the national bibliography.
- Supporting and developing the Qatari Arab and Islamic heritage
- Create an archive of folklore
- Work to strengthen the elements of national identity.
The Department of Publications and Artistic Works shall have the following competences:
- Implement laws, regulations and systems related to publications and publishing.
- Search and study applications for licenses of press publications, and take the procedures for issuing them in accordance with the governing law.
- Issuing licenses for printing press, publishing houses, commercial libraries and import and export institutions and distribution of publications.
- Issuing licenses to commence work in press publication.
- Issuing licenses to practice journalism
- Issuing the necessary licenses to start printing publications.
- Issuing licenses to practice advertising publicity activities, public relations, artistic production, sale and distribution of works of art.
- Approving the issuance and distribution of publications and bulletins of diplomatic and consular missions and bodies accredited to the State, in coordination with the concerned administrative units.
- Controlling local or imported publications and artistic works in accordance with the law.
The term “Radio Broadcasting Department” shall be replaced by the term “Radio Broadcasting licensees Department”, provided for in Article 6 of Emiri Decree No. 7 of 2016.
The terms of reference of the Culture and Arts Department, set forth in Article (10) of the Emiri Decree no. (7) Of 2016 shall be replaced by the following terms of reference:
- Supporting and sponsoring the cultural and artistic movement and providing ways to develop it.
- General supervision of the bodies working in the field of culture.
- Organizing Qatar’s cultural and artistic events inside the country and abroad and receiving cultural and artistic events from other countries, in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Preparing policies, studies and development plans related to culture and arts.
- Setting the conditions and criteria for establishing artistic groups of all kinds, issuing the necessary licenses for them to carry out their works, and following up the work of those groups.
- Setting the conditions and criteria for establishing cultural and artistic centers, reviewing the applications for their establishment, and taking the necessary procedures for obtaining licenses, in accordance with the law regulating.
- Suggesting the dissolution or integration of the centers concerned with culture and arts which are supervised by the Ministry.
- Granting licenses for making artistic works including surveillance.
- Granting licenses for public concerts and artistic activities.
- Supervising the Qatar National Theater.
The terms of reference of the Youth Affairs Department, set forth in Article (12) / Items 7,9,10,12,13 of the Emiri Decree no. (7) Of 2016 shall be replaced by the following terms of reference:
- Suggesting the dissolution or integration of centers, committees and youth associations
- Discovering and developing youth talents on the cultural and scientific level, and sponsoring and supporting them, in coordination with the competent authorities
- Studying the youth programs proposed by the youth centers, committees and associations, and expressing an opinion about these studies.
- Propose and prepare the content of seminars and cultural and scientific competitions organized by the Ministry, in coordination with the competent authorities
- Organize youth participation in local and foreign festivals, activities, programs and camps.
The two terms of reference of the “Assets and Projects Department”, set forth in Article (16) / Items 1 and 3 of the Emiri Decree no. (7) Of 2016 shall be replaced by the following terms of reference:
- Identifying and studying the needs of sports, youth, cultural and artistic projects and installations in coordination with the competent authorities, and determining their implementation priorities
- Following up the design and implementation projects for sports, youth, cultural and artistic projects and preparing reports thereon.
The following term of reference shall be added to the terms of the Sports Affair Department set forth in Article (15) of the Emiri Decree no. (7) Of 2016
- Setting the conditions and criteria for establishing centers and private entities working in the field of providing sports services and activities, issuing licenses and following up their work.
The “Department of Public Libraries and Heritage”, “the Department of Research and Cultural Studies”, and the “Department of Publications and Publishing”, shall be abolished, as stipulated in Emiri Decree No. 7 of 2016.
All the competent authorities, each within its jurisdiction, shall implement this resolution. And it shall be effective from the date of issuance, and published in the Official Gazette.